It's Coming Home...
So, every 4 years we have a football event that gets the world talking... The World Cup. With England getting further than ever before, it`s got the whole country involved. There's people that have never seen a football match in their life thinking thery're experts, people that usually can't stand football getting super supportive and then you've got the people that have always been negative about England winning the World Cup; actually believing that we have a chance to win it this year! Not to mention the unusually long heat wave we're having, England is not the place it usually is at the moment!
15 Interesting World Cup Facts
1. This year marks the first time that Russia has EVER hosted the World Cup.
2. In 2014; almost HALF of the worlds population tuned in to watch the World Cup. I can only imagine how much beer was drunk throughout that years games...
3. The first ever World Cup was hosted in 1930. Uruguay hosted and also won, talk about beginners luck!
4. In 1966 (the last time we won the World Cup!) - the World Cup trophy was stolen and missing for 7 days prior to the tournament...
5. The 2002 World Cup was a first in the history of football; the World Cup was actually held in two different countries - South Korea and Japan.
6. Brazil has won the most, with five World Cup victories, closely followed by Italy & Germany with four victories each.
7. On average in the 2014 World Cup, there was an attendance of over 53,000 fans per game!
8. The oldest player to s
core goals in the World Cup was Roger Milla who was the grand old age of 42 when he scored a goal against Russia for Cameroon in 1994.
9. This years World Cup will be Russia's 11th time playing the tournament. The furthest they have got is 4th place way back in 1966.
10. The highest number of draws with a massive 21 times drawing is Italy.
Is It Finally Coming Home?
Who do you think is going to win the World Cup? Do you have a work sweep stake going on? Any predictions for the final? Let us know in the comments!